Kynar Linings in Ohio
Kynar® PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride) is a fluoropolymer resin that’s famous for its processing ease and incredible resistance and durability. Because it’s so flexible and malleable, it can easily be shaped into sheet linings, making it perfect for lining steel and dual laminate tanks.
Kynar® is ideal because it offers:
- Outstanding resistance to sunlight/UV exposure
- Tremendous chemical resistance to a wide range of aggressive chemicals
- Radiation resistance
- Excellent burn characteristics/flame and smoke properties
- Easy processing on industry-standard equipment and easy post-processing such as welding and fabrication
- Extremely high purity for the most demanding applications
- Extremely high electrochemical stability
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- High-temperature rating: RTI 150º C
Kynar® linings are chemically resistant to a wide range of chemicals. Most acids and acid mixtures, weak bases, halogens, halogenated solvents, hydrocarbons, alcohols, salts, and oxidants pose little issue for Kynar® linings. Kynar® linings are generally resistant to chemicals with a pH of up to 12.
Many factors can affect a materials’ chemical resistance, such as exposure time, chemical concentration, extreme temperature and pressure, frequency of temperature and pressure cycling, attrition due to abrasive particles, and the type of mechanical stress imposed. Certain combinations of chemical exposure and mechanical load can induce stress cracking in many otherwise chemically resistant materials, both metallic and nonmetallic. However, the molecular weight distribution of Kynar® linings results in greater resistance to stress cracking.